- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
International day of actions against foreign military bases
30. April 2021
First International Day of Action against Foreign Military Bases April 30th
with the support of GCOMs
Resistance is the urgent challenge!
We are calling for an INTERNATIONAL DAY of resistance to the approximately 1,000 military bases around the world, on which people can come together in strength and solidarity.
- Our solidarity is especially directed toward actions against the US military bases in Okinawa. The resistance of the entire population of the island is a truly outstanding example of protest.
- The resistance to the expansion of the US bases in South Korea is another inspiring example.
- Actions against military bases in Faslane, Shannon, Ramstein and Sicily are also a priority.
- We want to raise greater awareness of the expansion of the mainly US/NATO military bases in Africa.
THE DAY OF ACTION AGAINST MILITARY BASES IS TO BE A DAY OF WORLDWIDE PROTEST
We support taking all possible steps to close the military base at Guantanamo Bay and end the associated human rights violations. All these bases pursue the same goals of 1) furthering confrontation against nations such as Russia and China and 2) continuing militarization of countries and societies across the globe. The bases also serve to secure resources, trade routes, and international markets in the interests of the large military powers. The primary forces driving confrontation are the USA, NATO and their allies.
Our demand: The closure of NATO/US bases around the world. We consider this to be the most important step toward a world without military bases – this is our great goal.